Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just a day to mow the lawn.

I don’t think I’m going to enjoy this day. I’ve got to do some work. The beginning was good; my trip to the physical therapy place for a morning workout. My wife had done some light housekeeping while I was away and had a light breakfast ready for me when I got home. She’s a good wife. Now we’ll patiently watch the overnight dew dry on the lawn, and then we’re heading outside.

As I write this, I’m in that holding pattern. But soon I’ll be preparing the tractor for mowing. My lawn is as deep as I’ve seen it in a very long time. Mowing the yard today is going to take a long time. I think I’ll probably take the bagger off and go around once. If I leave the bagger on, I’ll have to take a trip to our compost plot after every swipe. So I’ll leave the deck up one notch and give it its initial cut, the put the deck on its proper spot for the cut I like and go around again and vacuum up the clippings.

While I’m riding around on a bumpy tractor, my wife will perform a task I hate to do. She’s good about that. We have one area that’s a hill. She doesn’t like my riding on that hill so she uses our self-propelled walk behind mower to cut the grass there. That grass usually remains where it falls, but the hill is just a little way from the house so we don’t see it. As long as the lawn around the house is neat, we’re happy. She’ll also go out to the compost area when I begin dumping the clippings and help spread them around.

After several very hot but rather dry days today is a very nice one. The temperatures are high enough to be comfortable, but the best part is the general lack of that humidity. We probably won’t make any other plans until we see what time it we finish the lawn and how tired we are.

That’s our day in a nutshell. I’m going to refrain commenting on the politics of the day as there’ll be an awful lot of time to make comments. If anything interesting comes up, I’ll come back and edit this thing, otherwise, we’ll see you tomorrow.

GiM

No comments: