Friday, July 9, 2010

The weekend will bring the weather break we need.

This past week has been just about one of the laziest weeks I've had in a very long time.  Except for trips Tuesday and Thursday to my senior fitness session, I haven't been away from the house.  I blame the blasted heat and humidity we've had and justify my lack of activity to those warnings we older folk get not to overdo.

Except for the humidity, Thursday didn't turn out too badly.  We did have a nice breeze through most of the day and those temperatures for the first time on the Gator Land didn't hit the 90 mark.  But the humidity continued.

According to the TV weather people Thursday night, all that humidity should find its way out of here as a cold front passes through Sunday.  Saturday will probably be a wet day.

I read about the Emmy nominations for TV excellence the other day.  I almost laughed out loud.  I haven't watched any of the programs or knew about any of the actors and actresses that received nominations, except one.  I am a fan of the Law and Order series on NBC and 14 or 15 of the other cable channels.  Mariska Hargitay was nominated as an outstanding leading actress in a drama series.

It's sort of sad that I live in such a sheltered world and am so set in my ways that I am completely unfamiliar with all of the other nominations.

I am looking forward to one of the new shows arriving this fall.  Remember Hawaii Five-O?  It was a fun cop show from at least 40 years ago.  I think it actually began airing on CBS in 1968.  It was a fun show and incredibly predictable.  CBS is bringing it back to life in the fall.  Of course there's a new cast but the characters remain the same.  McGarrett, Danny Williams, and the others will be ressurected.

I suspect it won't be the same, though, for those of us who followed the series through the '70s.  I might have thought the show could have been brought back with different names for the characters.  Nevertheless, it'll be fun to hear "Book 'em, Dano" once again.

Gator Wife gave me some good news the other day.  It looks like we'll have our first picking of fresh yellow and green beans during the coming week.  Perhaps as early as Monday.  I love fresh veggies and she now has me yearning for the fresh feasting to begin.

Finally this weekend, unbelievable news hypes about stories I could care less about will end.  The LaBron James choice of Miami ended that "Who really cares?" mess as we'll probably see him a huge loser next year.  And Sunday the other "Who really cares?" one, the World Cup of Football (international soccer) will end.  I haven't watched second one of that series, yet; and there's a 100% chance I won't Sunday, either.

We're finishing up a slow week.  I hope the coming one will bring us some activity.  I hope you enjoy your weekend and stay dry.  And cool.

GiM

No comments: