Monday, September 19, 2011

Another 'blah' Monday

I suppose I could discuss some sports. There's the Red Sox. Yup. The Red Sox. This is, I think, one of those times when I'll take a page out of my brother's life which says simply, if you can't say something nice, say nothing. A double header today could . . . No, Gator, you said you'd be good.

Then there's the Patriots. Hmmmm. "There's"..."Patriots." Singular/seemingly plural. Does the word "Patriots" represent several people (plural) or is it the name of one (Singular) team? Does it represent many players or just one bunch of players? Or one group of people. Interesting dilemma, isn't it? So, "Then there's the Patriots."

If Tom Brady continues along the path he's been on the first two weeks of the season, that team will be tough to beat. Perhaps the best game would be one with Brady's Pats playing Rogers' Packers. With a runner like Wilfork, how can NE lose?

My Florida Gators are trying to show the world they're heading in the right direction of returning to be a contender. After whipping a couple of teams from the non-powerful list, the Gators entered the SEC season Saturday. They stopped arch rival Tennessee quite easily.  I must admit I enjoyed that game.

I'm having a hard time getting into political interest so far this year.  It seems to me that, so far at least, nothing is changing from the past few years.  The democrats keep presenting plans that have been and continue to fail miserably while the republicans continue to apparently do nothing but argue.  Perhaps in the next few weeks there'll be change...real change.  I won't hold my breath.

With nothing to say today, I'll end quickly and hope you all have a great Monday.

Gator

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GiM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.