Friday, August 5, 2011

What's more fun than a new toy?

Revised to add pictures, Saturday AM

It's a weekend and we have only light activities planned here on the GiM's little playground.  Nothing special.

Weather permitting, perhaps the lawn will get mowed, but most of it really doesn't need mowing.

The ladies of the clan may do some gardening work, but that, too, will depend on the weather.

The other day my wife arrived home from a shopping trip with our daughter with a toy for me.  Yes, a real toy, not some adult thing like a new computer or IPad or Kindle or anything like that.  It was a chilld's toy.  She said she was attracted to it because the age range was "7+" and she said at least my age began with a seven so she thought it was appropriate.
Perhaps it's hard to imagine...a 3/4-century Old Gator
having so much fun with a toy designed for a 7-year-old.


I guess it was more appropriate than I probably first thought.  Since it was here, I decided to use it.  "It" was a construction kit for a Ferris Wheel.  I've been having a ball putting it together.  I've had so much fun watching it grow and turn (It's motorized.) that I went out myself and bought a roller coaster. 

The company has another one but it is for age 9+.  I've got another fifteen years to wait before I can make that one.
Meanwhile, there's one member of the family
wondering why she's left out of the fun.

I hope you enjoy your weekend.

Gator

No comments: