Monday, August 26, 2013

More on our daughter's new puppy

A new puppy has entered our lives.  Brandy is 13 week old Golden Retriever that our daughter acquired to fill a void in her life created by the untimely, cancer-related death of her previous dog, also a Golden.  Brandy and her "mom" have visited us for a few moments Monday.  The visits right now are very short although I must say Monday's stay was a little longer than her first trip with her new pup to our home.

Brandy just left her real mom last weekend so she's used to playing around an adult dog.  Unfortunately, our Golden, Mariah, is reaching her 10th birthday and has not been around a puppy since she and her sister, the daughter's departed Golden, were puppies themselves.  Brandy is adjusting to Mariah a whole lot easier than Mariah to Brandy.  This series of pictures will not show the two dogs together, although I missed one shot of the puppy just walking under a standing Mariah.  Once they get used to each other, I'll have some pictures of them together.
Although Brandy remains mostly puppy white, the signs of her getting her golden coloring shows in her face.  She ran around the yard for several minutes before settling down here.  Unfortunately for me, the sun blanked out my viewing screen on my camera (I'll never get another one without a view finder) and all my attempts to get outside pictures were fruitless.
Her toys at our home are limited so far, but she does like to play "tuggy tuggy pull pull.
Brandy, and also soon Mariah, will be featured in future posts as I slowly begin to unfade and begin stories about my family, friends, and issues once again.  I hope you'll return and rejoin me.

David