Thursday, March 10, 2016

Quiet Time for G-i-M

I'm going through what best may be called a "Quiet Time."  My personal life has consumed me and I've not thought about other things lately. 

What "personal" stuff, you probably didn't ask.  Well, it was completely successful.  Less than six weeks after the surgery, she's wandering around the house and venturing to stores, etc., without using a walker or cane.  Her doc says she's doing remarkably well and has given her permission to return to her part time job next Monday.  She got her schedule today.  It's a good thing, I think.  She's bored to tears just sitting around home.

I said a final goodbye to my Maine Health Visiting Nurses care team this week.  They took my electronic TeleHealth away with them.  That I'll miss.  Was it a good thing?  You bet.  In the time since last October I've used it, it has kept me totally aware of my vital signs, but to me, most importantly, my weight.  I'm happy that I weigh less today that I have weighed since I was a teenager, and that was way back in the 1950s.

The Home Health care folk were just super.  One could not ask for a better group of people to work toward my improving health.  Unfortunately my Medicare option expired.

Next up on my medical front is an overnight sleep apnea test at the end of this month.  That sounds like a fun night.  Not!

And finally, in the "Who cares?" department...My son is coming for a visit from his home in Oregon in a couple of weeks.  We're looking forward to that as it's been several years since we've seen him.

We'll find something we find interesting soon.  Be back then.

Dave

No comments: