Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blank!

I've been sitting here for a while trying to think of something that interests me so I'd have a topic.  That "while" has been getting longer and longer, but nothing seems to be entering my mind.  I've been told that one must first have a mind.  I didn't understand that.

If I were still offering my thoughts on things political, I'd have a lot of stuff in that blank mind.  But I promised myself when I returned to these essays that I'd do all I could to stay away from those thoughts at least until after Labor Day.

This has been such a nasty summer with one guy doing exactly what we knew he'd do and attempt to convince us the other guy is the most dishonest, unbelievable candidate in history even though just about all that has been said has been proven to be dishonest in itself.  The other guy has fallen into the trap and has no clue on how to change the focus around.

I use the term "guy" here because as I've mentioned lately, the nominating conventions haven't even been held yet so we're just assuming we know who the presidential candidates are.  I'm really not naive and know we're really only seeing a preview of what's to come.  Hmmm!  Did I read this week that the Republicans will have two choices at their convention? 

Maine has chosen its candidates for national offices.  But so far, the campaign has been rather low key, almost like those running are using the same political season calendar I use.  Right now, I'd bet precious few Mainers could name all the candidates for the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives.

At least in this non-political essay I haven't named any names nor have I mentioned any specific issues so I'll rationalize in my own mind I haven't yet broken my self-imposed promise.

Dave

No comments: