Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snowless? Well, at least for a few days.

The sun is shining today and no snow is in our immediate forecast, at least until next Wednesday.  Wednesday?  Hmmm.  Seems to me that's the day every week all this stuff falls.  The Swamp is all cleared out and we have higher snow banks from the moved snow than I think we've had for years.

Unfortunately, as forecast, bitter cold has moved into the region.  The temperatures might...operative word right there...get out of the teens today, but then single numbers will be here probably through Monday.  This is the coldest weather we've had so far this season.

One might say that this is the kind of weather that makes the Gator in Maine think about that warmth I used to enjoy a half century ago.  Now, remind me again why I came back to Maine.  Oh, yea, this was where Gator Wife-to-be was waiting to be met.  Turns out it was a good decision, and remains so, to come back.

GiM

No comments: