Monday, March 1, 2010

Surprise!

Edited Mar. 1 at 8:15 AM to add picture...

Just a brief note this morning to update yesterday's post.  It ended with the forecast that we'd get a couple to four inches of snow overnight, and one report even had said three to six inches.

Fortunately for my little triangle of the world, the forecasters forgot to tell the weather gods.  We did get some rain, but shoveling or snowblowing isn't in the cards in my little corner today.  We are still getting a little rain as I jot this down, but the weather radar indicates it's on its way out.

I thought you, especially my Florida friends, would like to be reminded of what two to six inches of forecast snow looks like in my front yard.

First, this is what the Saturday night storm left us when we awoke on Feb. 28th:


We were told to expect another 2 to 6 inches of snow, depending on the forecast source, Sunday night into Monday.  This is our version of several inches of snow Mar. 1 out the same front door:


Is no snow a disappointment?  Not for me.

GiM

No comments: