Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Feb 5 -- A new storm

This picture is on the dark side, but Southern Maine is having another winter storm, as is much of the northern and eastern United States.  There isn't much on the ground now (9:30 AM), but we're told to expect up to 14 inches before nightfall.  Edited: Early Evening.  Seems to me there was a poet once who wrote something about the best laid plans.  I never did get outside to gather more pictures today so none to add here tonight.  By noon those 14 inches in the forecast had been reduced to 12 and now, with the storm rapidly ending and heading out to sea, I think we have less than seven inches of new snow.  I'll try to remember to take a stroll outside tomorrow, but don't wait with heavy breath to see any more pictures.  I'm beginning to know me, you understand.

Dave

No comments: