Monday, January 30, 2012

January is ending.

When Tuesday ends, so will January.  The best thing I can say about this month on a personal basis is it was slow.  Glancing over my calendar shows I had many days that had nothing planned.  Of course I always had Tuesdays and Thursdays filled in with my senior fitness session, but that is only a hour each day and very early in the morning.  I did get new glasses this month and I did attend my monthly lunch session with a group of fellow retirees.  But that's it.

The rest of the time was contemplating the state of the state and the state of the country.  It was very depressing.  Republicans in Maine have forgotten why they were elected, or perhaps they simply don't have that intestinal fortitude to make tough choices.  Republicans nationally have spent their time eating their own and telling us why none of the candidates for president should be elected.  As a result of that, they probably will get their wish and President Obama will continue making great speeches.

Maine Republican caucuses will begin Saturday in Scarborough and other places.  I'll probably be attending the Scarborough one.  I hope you other Republicans will check out the date, time and place of your caucus and attend.  If we do get involved, perhaps, just perhaps, the local efforts will be able to overcome the damage being done on the national scene.

Gator

No comments: