Friday, May 21, 2010

Perhaps a great weather Maine May weekend!

Thursday turned out to be a rather warm day just as the forecasters had said.  When I got up and prepared to go to my senior fitness session, it was still cool; and even by mid morning the clouds had kept those promised temperatures down.

But then the sun took over.  By mid afternoon, my sheltered outdoor thermometer was reading in the mid to upper 80s.  I had to leave for a couple of hours so I don't know if it ever reached 90.

Friday was forecast to be a little cooler before some warmth once again moves in for this weekend.  Here along the coast, though, we may only see temps running in the mid to upper 70s.  Then, the weather people say, we'll be back to above average temperatures next week.

Looks like Thursday began a nice period of good weekend weather for us.

Gator Daughter will join us for much of this weekend and she will probably spend most of the time with Gator Wife outdoors.  Sometime I'm expecting to get my lawn mowed...again.  I don't remember ever getting so tired of lawn mowing as I have this year.  Now I know I have a nice tractor on which to ride while cutting that grass, but it takes me almost two hours to do it. 

Other than the usual stuff, the Gator Clan will have a  quiet weekend, possibly some food on the grill sometime.  I hope you have a great May weekend.

GiM

*****In Maine, don't vote for higher taxes on June 8th...vote YES on Question One!*****