Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Adventure Continues!

If I had to make a wild guess, I’d say later today and especially tomorrow aren’t going to be really great weather times. A little light snow has arrived here today and some warm weather should get here overnight. That’ll set up a wild, rainy day for tomorrow. To top it off, the weather folk are “watching a potential snow storm” for Friday.

I went to my normal Senior Fitness session this morning. The most of the group was there. A couple of the others suffer from arthritis as do I. I can’t really speak for them as they appeared to react normally, at least as normally as their own conditions warrant. But by now you know what happens to me when the weather is going downhill.

My bones and joints just let me know they don’t like exercising on days like this one bit. But, just a little bit half-heartedly, I plowed through my routine. It’s an event that’s on my mind that caused that little half-heartedness.



Part I of the possible event was last week when I visited a heart surgeon to start an evaluation to see if I would benefit from an implanted cardiac defibrillator. Although he said he was pretty sure I would be getting one, there were some tests I needed to go through first. My cardiologist says he believes I am a candidate for an ICD.

I’ve asked both the cardiologist and the surgeon, who calls himself the electrician of my team, to send their notes to my primary care physician. I hope they did as I’m meeting with him this morning. I just want his opinion and input into this potential adventure. That’s Part II.

Part III will be next week when I have an internal heart study by the cardiologist using a catheter.

My Fearless Friend gave me the highest praise a little while back. He said he admired the way I was handling all this and continuing to do all I can. I appreciated his comments but explained to him that I’ve been through worse, and if all this will add just a few minutes to my life, then it’s all worth it.

So on this Tuesday, there’s nothing profound in my head, not there very often is. So I’m off heading to my doc for a consultation. I hope you have a great day.

GiM

GO GATORS!
Beat Oklahoma for NCAA Championship!

No comments: